Budgeting is really the only way you can have full control over your spending. The best way to start is to evaluate your current spending and create long term and short term financial goals.
As you probably already know, setting up a budget is very important and can greatly help you:
- Avoid a financial crisis
- Achieve the peace of mind that comes with being financially secure
- Build wealth
Tools for Budgeting
The least expensive tool for setting up a budget is the old fashioned way - a pen and notebook. It can be readily available to you at anytime and it doesn’t require you to have to pay for expensive software. The downside to the old fashioned way it can be lost or damaged. It is also much more difficult to track spending and savings for the long term.
Probably the best way to budget these days is to use software. If you are similar with Microsoft Excel, then you can easily set up a budgeting spreadsheet on there. Personally, I recommend using financial software. Mint.com offers a free account that allows you to easily set up and organize your spending and budgeting. Another great software is Quicken 2013 which also has a mobile app and all the tools needed for setting up a budget.
Tips for Budgeting
- Track Expenses – The most important thing to do when budgeting is to keep track of every expense, even the small ones. The easiest way to do this is to use a mobile budgeting app, but you can also keep your receipts and add everything up. Be sure to document your expenses by the item and not the store. This will allow you to categorize your expenses much more effectively so you can see where your money is going each month and make necessary adjustments.
- Planned Expenses – Document all of your planned expenses for each month such as cable, car insurance, rent, mortgage payment, etc. You also need to estimate and create targets for variable expenses such as groceries, utilities, shopping, etc.
- Allowance – Give yourself an allowance for things you enjoy. This way when you go our to dinner or go shopping you will be in control of your spending and you will not feel guilty for buying things you enjoy (as long as you meet or stay under your allowance)
I have just moved into a new apartment and so I have spent the last week or so trying to get the best deal on cable. I have Brighthouse in the area which offers the cheapest internet at only 50/ month. However, this package comes with only 10mbps. I want at least 20mbps so I finally decided to go with Verizon FIOS.
I found one site that almost seemed like the actual Verizon FIOS site, but it’s actually either an affiliate or a scammer. It was offering a $15 discount each month, so I called the number to find out some information on this deal. After talking on the phone with some sketchy sounding guy, I just got a bad vibe that it could be a scam so I decided to cut my losses and search for a Verizon FIOS promotion code since I can use the code on the actual Verizon site which guarantees that it’s safe.
I was happy to find that there are coupon codes for many different packages and bundles. I ended up finding a discount for $5 off per month on Verizon triple play. This package offers 15mbps internet, prime HD channels, and a phone line. I don’t really need the phone line, but is still a better deal since it’s in a bundle. Also included is a wireless router for internet.
I ordered and Verizon sent out a guy the very next day to set everything up. For the entire first week, there weren’t many issues except for the fact that my internet started going slow. Speedtest.net was showing about 3mbps. I tried restarting the router and nothing seemed to work. I then got on Verizon customer service chat and did some trouble shooting. They eventually ordered me a faster router and now everything is running perfect.
I am very impressed with the service Verizon offers and I love the fact that I can just go on the online customer service chat to get any problems handled right away. It’s a relief not having to wait on hold for 20 minutes to fix minor problems.
The promotion can be found by searching for “Verizon FIOS promotion code” using your favorite search engine. Good Luck!
If you are having trouble getting sleep on a regular basis, maybe it’s time for you to seek natural remedies. There are natural herbs that you can take just before bed that are quite effective in allowing a person to get great sleep throughout the night. Alternatively diet and exercise can also help.
Before trying anything, you should consult your doctor first. Chronic insomnia could possibly be caused by an underlying condition such as depression, sleep apnea, lung disease, diabetes and heart disease.
Top 4 Natural Sleep Aids
- Melatonin - probably the most popular natural sleep aids used for people who need to adjust their sleep cycle. Melatonin is a hormone that is produced naturally by the body. It is recommended to take this ingredient about 30 minutes before the time you want to fall asleep. There are Amazon Natural Sleep Aids available on the market which contain Melatonin.Many doctors say that melatonin supplements should not be taken by people with depression, autoimmune diseases, and other serious illnesses. However, there have been numerous studies that have found no significant side effects when used for less than 3 months.
- Valerian- Although it is not completely understood how this remedy works in the body, it is a commonly used herb for insomnia. Some studies have found that it may have an effect on the calming neurotransmitter. Studies have also been quite successful as a sleep aid, but Valerian does not work for everyone.I typically takes about 2-3 hours for Valerian to work. It is recommended to consult your doctor before taking this herb. Do not take it with alcohol, before/after surgery, or if you have liver disease.
- Kava – an herb that may be helpful in reducing anxiety – great for those who can’t sleep due to stress. However, the FDA has issued a warning about products containing Kava as it can result in severe liver injury.
- Diet and Exercise- Try to avoid caffeine as it can cause restlessness and lack of overall sleep. Try to eat magnesium rich foods and carbohydrate snacks (without pigging out!) before bed time. Avoid sweets as they can give you bursts of energy during sleep.Exercise will give your body even more reason to sleep as it repairs muscle and recovers from physical activity.
Remember, before trying any supplement you should always consult your doctor first.
It is important for every family to think about being prepared for a natural disaster. Surviving an earth quake depends a lot upon your location. Many people will find themselves without power, food, or water for a long period of time. However, those who are prepared will have the food and water they need to survive.
An earthquake survival kit is a great, and easy way to prepare you and your family for an earthquake. Unfortunately, some people overlook the importance of having the proper supplies and think that the government will hand them everything. An earthquake survival kit will have all of the necessary supplies to get you through the disaster.
What’s in a Earthquake Survival Kit?
Food and Water
Food and water is the most vital thing to have in a survival situation. Without these two things, survival will be very difficult.
Since, your power will most likely be out, most kits will have a light source. A good kit will have a reliable flashlight that you can use as a light source or for signaling.
Protection against various climate conditions is also an essential part of a survival kit. Blankets and ponchos are included to keep you and your family warm and dry.
Tents are included with any decent survival kit. They will provide you with good shelter Continue reading
During my trip to Australia I was able to experience many different amazing adventures. From hiking in Lake St. Clair National Park to surfing the Gold Coast and Even Hot Air Ballooning. Since I rarely get the travel, I wanted to get the most out of the trip. One of my main goals while on the trip was to see as much of Australia wildlife as I could. The first thing I noticed was the amount of kangaroos on my golf trip. They were very fun to watch, but I got used to them very quickly (much like I get used to spotting deer in my hometown here in the US.) However, I wanted to really get out there so I could see more of the wildlife. This meant I had to actively search and go on some of the wonderful tours that are offered.
My favorite tour by far was the Whale Watching Gold Coast tour. This was one of the few trips that was a truly unique experience. As we approached the 3 mile mark off of the Gold Coast, we spotted a few dolphins. but I had seen many dolphins before as I have vacationed to Florida many times in the past. Just after we spotted the dolphins I saw my first humpback whale breaching the water. This first sighting just made me realize how incredible the whale watching tour was. Continue reading